Voicemail monitoring of a second incoming call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Red Tabby
Voicemail monitoring of a second incoming call

Post by Red Tabby » Thu May 28, 2020 9:01 am

Hello,

We've had Ooma Premier for a number of years and have Telo 1. We only have 1 line.

Although we don't get second calls (call waiting call) often, when we do and the second caller goes to the Ooma vociemail, there is no vm monitoring. We don't hear the canned lady saying "you have reached xxx-xxx-xxxx...." and we do not hear the message being left by the second caller.

The Telo speaker works fine as we play the call back via the Telo.

The Ooma vm monitoring works fine for incoming calls if we're not already on the phone.

Is this by design?

Thank you,
RT

murphy

Re: Voicemail monitoring of a second incoming call

Post by murphy » Thu May 28, 2020 11:19 am

If you have Premier you have an instant second line but you need an Ooma handset or a Linx to take advantage of it. You can make and receive two calls at the same time on the one number. With Premier you could also have a second number.
The second number can be anywhere in the USA.

I am in PA and my second number is in FL where my brother lives.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Red Tabby

Re: Voicemail monitoring of a second incoming call

Post by Red Tabby » Thu May 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Thank you Murphy for your reply. I understand your suggestions.

I'm mainly interested in knowing if others are having the same scenario occurring as I am when letting a second incoming call go to voicemail.

It's not a problem as I have the email notification when a message is left due to the Telo not being extremely visible.

Thanks again,
R T