OOMA does not recognize keys pressed

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
stoicof
OOMA does not recognize keys pressed

Post by stoicof » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am

Hello,

For the last 10 days I cannot use pin numbers/ credit card numbers over the phone connected to OOMA. I used it for years (Panasonic DECT 6.0) without any issues. So, first I I thought the phone was at fault. Went and bought a brand new set (same Panasonic DECT 6.0) and I'm getting exactly the same errors: the other side does not recognizes my key strokes. Calling the same numbers from a cell and entering the pin/credit cars info works just fine. I saw a lot of postings online about this but the solution suggested in most of the cases, pressing the buttons slowly, does not work. I am faced with leaving this service. Again, this just started happening recently.

Help?

stoicof

Re: OOMA does not recognize keys pressed

Post by stoicof » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Update: talked with OOMA level 3 support. SORRY, NO CAN DO! System not changed in a long time, but not designed to send keystrokes for credit card numbers/pins. Also, I was lucky that it did work until now and is a crap shoot every time (sometime it works, sometime it doesn't). No resolution, nothing. So, after 9 years . . . bye bye! Hopefully I can port the number to anther company.

P.S . This forum did not suggest anything.

focuspuller

Post by focuspuller » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 pm

One if by Land
Two if by Sea
Three if by Limo

stoicof

Post by stoicof » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:15 pm

thanks . . . my phone does not have those settings. Either way, I canceled OOMA account, after 7 years with them.