Automated Reminder Call Issues

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Albert71292
Automated Reminder Call Issues

Post by Albert71292 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:30 pm

Recently, when getting expected recorded calls that are reminders about doctor appointments or prescription refills being ready for pickup, the messages haven't been playing after I answer,just silence on the other end. The phone does ring when the call comes in though, so it isn't being blocked. Especially for the doctor appointment reminders, I need the message to play, so I can press an option to confirm the appointment. If I get a normal call, from a relative, etc, I hear the other end fine. Just not the automated calls.

This just started recently. I'm not sure if it might have something to do with something my son did or not. He recently moved back into the house, but mostly uses his cellphone. He was having phone issues one day recently and used the home phone (Ooma). Instead of pressing the "Talk" button first on the Panasonic phone then waiting for the dial tone, he just started dialing. He had done that three times (since his call got an error message from Ooma as a result) before I told him he was using it wrong. I think he MIGHT have screwed something up, since the issue didn't start until after then.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks in advance.