Incoming calls not working in Canada

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
careh
Incoming calls not working in Canada

Post by careh » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:45 am

Since the evening of July 3, 2020 I (and another Ooma user in my city) have noticed incoming calls are not coming through. Outgoing calls are fine. The incoming caller gets a 'fast busy' tone (rapid beeps) and/or a 'System Busy' message. Sometimes they will get to voice mail - so they can leave a message for me - but most of the time they just get the 'system busy' message.

Fortunately I have a cell phone so the incoming callers can call me on my cell.... to tell me my Ooma system is down.

I tried to reach out to Ooma yesterday evening - but their 'chat' people were unable to help me - their suggestion - after the usual 'did you reboot? - what sound do you hear? - what type of telephone do you have?' script questions - was to suggest I call in - which I can't do when the Ooma call in section was closed.

Kind of a surprise there - as one would think Ooma would have ...someone... available 24 hours a day for obvious system failures ... and/or at least Ooma should inform their 'Chat' people of the known issue ... assuming Ooma had someone to determine there was an issue - yesterday.

I called Ooma today (July 4) and was told they had a server go down in Canada that is likely the cause of this issue.

careh

Re: Incoming calls not working in Canada

Post by careh » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:30 pm

It seems this issue may be restricted to Winnipeg, Manitoba as other Ooma users from other parts of Canada tell me their system is working properly.

Another

Re: Incoming calls not working in Canada

Post by Another » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:01 am

Getting this same issue in Newfoundland.

I can dial out to any number from Ooma.
Calling Ooma from Telus mobile or Bell landline works fine.
Calling Ooma from Bell Mobility/PC Mobile/Virgin Mobile does not work - you instantly get the "cannot complete the number as dialed - please try again" message.
Calling Ooma from Rogers landline does not work - gives instant fast busy signal.

I talked to Ooma tech support two days ago, and was passed to their level 2 support. They said they would get back to me in a couple hours, but I have not heard back from them yet. Thought I would log my issues here in case anybody else is in the same boat. Still paying to keep my landline until this issue is fixed, so I hope they get it done soon.