Missed calls shut down station until EXIT pressed

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
JohnWolfe3rd
Missed calls shut down station until EXIT pressed

Post by JohnWolfe3rd » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:59 am

We've got Ooma Office VOIP service, four stations w/ T21PE2s.

It seems that if a station misses call, the T21 menu displays "missed call" or whatever & offers the softkey switches to "Exit" -- but then phone essentially stops working until the Exit key is pressed. It doesn't ring, you can't make calls, etc.,

We don't want that. While we appreciate the heads-up about missed calls when employees WEREN'T answering the phone, we're more interested in things going forward. So maybe just go back to working normally ..

I realiize that in the fullness of time, people will get into the habit of hitting that EXIT softkey, but it seems like a stupid thing to do ... why not just work like EVERY OTHER PHONE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD .. and maybe flash the light about the message or the missed call or whatnot ... and then just go back to being a regular fuctioning phone ...

Or am I misunderstanding something? Is there a way I can set the stations so they don't do whatever they're doing -- lapsing into a restricted state or something -- until the EXIT key is pressed ... We're a busy office. I don't want my stations to basically award themselves a little vacation whenever a call is missed ...

JohnWolfe3rd

Re: Missed calls shut down station until EXIT pressed

Post by JohnWolfe3rd » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:06 am

Also, I just want to add that August the Ooma Support bot is the absolute worst. Not only can he NOT help with ANYTHING, but the number he tells you to call is a HORRIBLE support number. I hope he burns in hell.