Weather alerts from the city and calls from the Postal Service go directly to voicemail.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
MJ Texas
Weather alerts from the city and calls from the Postal Service go directly to voicemail.

Post by MJ Texas » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 am

Weather alerts from the city and calls from the Postal Service go directly to voicemail. As far as I know, no other calls go direct to voicemail. They don't even show up in the incomming call logs or missed calls. The latest was today at 12:07, 12:12, and 12:17 from the Post Office.

We do not have call blocking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stelcom66

Re: Weather alerts from the city and calls from the Postal Service go directly to voicemail.

Post by Stelcom66 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:40 pm

I get weather alerts when my neighboring town system calls my 2nd line, which I've never given out so I don't know how it got on their list. I emailed the town to let them know, they offered to remove my number but I asked to leave it on as I'd like to get those alerts. It happened last night, I know it's the second line because I have that set to give a double ring, and the log shows '2'.

Is the phone number for your alerts a local area code and prefix? If yes I don't know why they'd go to voicemail. I see you don't have call blocking.

If you don't see the number in the log voicemail should play the calling number if it's not blocked, or displayed when selecting voicemail on the web portal.