Ooma drops calls behind network switch

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Forristal
Ooma drops calls behind network switch

Post by Forristal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi,

I'm currently using an Ooma Telo and am having issues with calls dropping (generally around ten minutes into a call) with my Ooma placed behind a network switch.

My current network configuration is Modem - Router - Powerline Ethernet - Network Switch - Devices (including my Ooma Telo). The Telo provides consistent calling when plugged directly into the router or when connected to the router "directly" via the powerline kit; but when I introduce the network switch (gigabit, unmanaged; I've tried three different models), the problem reoccurs consistently.

Other threads have a few common suggestions (MAC address fix; QoS; port forwarding; DMZ), but none of these have solved my problem. Are there any known issues which are caused exclusively by putting the Telo behind a network switch?

Appreciate the help.

murphy

Re: Ooma drops calls behind network switch

Post by murphy » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:34 am

Both of my Telos are behind gigabit switches. They work fine. Powerline anything would not work in my house. The solar panels communicate over the electric wires. Try a direct cable between the router and the switch as a test.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx