No voicemail indicator on the telo or HD3

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lmacmil
No voicemail indicator on the telo or HD3

Post by lmacmil » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:51 am

We got voicemails yesterday and today that didn't show up on the telo or on the HD3 handset. Both were in the call log on my.ooma.com. This is the first time I'm aware that that his happened. Both were from the same person. Coincidence or a problem with the Ooma hardware or software?

Squidge

Re: No voicemail indicator on the telo or HD3

Post by Squidge » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 pm

I have this issue too. The arrow on my Ooma telo does not light up to indicate I have a new voicemail. Can anyone help?

RockFox

Post by RockFox » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:22 pm

According to https://my.ooma.com/phone/voicemail I received one voicemail today but none of my 3 HD3 handsets had the voice mail indicator on and the orange voicemail banner did not show. Yet when I pressed the voicemail on the HD3 it said that I had one new voicemail.

I rebooted my Ooma Telo 3 (2018) and the voicemail indicator light and banner now showed on all 3 handsets.

(To reboot your Ooma got to: http://172.27.35.1/system.lp and click "Reboot")

I listened to and deleted the voicemail on handset #3 and the voicemail light and banner turned off on all 3 handsets.

This has happened many times and a reboot always fixes it.

On other occasions after I have listened to and deleted the voicemail I will see the voicemail indicator on 1 or 2 of the 3 handsets but there is no voicemail. Again, a reboot of the Ooma always fixes it.

My Ooma is attached directly to my Internet modem.

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:23 pm

My HD3 sometimes does not show I have a voicemail. Telo show voicemail arrow button light. Rebooting the Telo fixes the problem temporarily for all my HD3s.
OOMA please fix.
Last edited by cwradio on Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mowog

Post by Mowog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:30 am

This just started to happen on my Ooma handsets. Base unit indicator works and resets after listening to messages. VM works as normal from handsets- just doesn’t indicate I have any VMs.

lmacmil

Post by lmacmil » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 am

I still have the same problem periodically. Removing the HD3 batteries fixes it for a while. I have no expectations that there will be a permanent fix.