Voice mail picks up with NO RING

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Voice mail picks up with NO RING

Post by 8027285487 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am

Howdy, I’ve searched many posts and find no fix. I have Telo White and two HD3, Premier service for almost a year. I’ve never used “do not disturb,” and have recently changed voice mail response from 4 to 6 rings. In spite of that, I too often find a voice message left while either my wife or I were near phone and could not possibly have missed a ring, much less four. I’ve called myself from a cell phone and Ooma picks up fine every time so far. Just now, I received a surprise (no ring) message about five minutes after successfully calling my own phone - and answering my own call to check function. Phone is NOT set to “do not disturb.” I’ve put up with this erratic behavior for too long and am tiring of it. From Forum search, this seems like a fairly common problem, BUT no good cure. Please help. I don’t like missing calls.

murphy

Re: Voice mail picks up with NO RING

Post by murphy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:41 pm

You have Premier. One or more of your spam settings is sending calls directly to voicemail.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Post by 8027285487 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:56 pm

Thanks very much Murphy. That’s interesting. I found “suspected spammers” are sent to voice mail so deselected that. That seems to maybe explain at least some calls - such as recorded calls reminding of doctor appointment. I’m hoping you’ve solved my problem. Will see.

eplantz

Post by eplantz » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:03 am

Since an OOMA update last week (end of JAN 2021), my handsets do not ring consistently for incoming calls. I just noticed another missed call at 12:34pm feb. 4. This didn't happen before this recent update.

i double-checked and do NOT have DND enabled. i have not changed any settings from prior to the update.

i made a test call from my cellphone and it DID ring. so, i thought the first missed call was a fluke but it just happened again.