Calls from one number do not ring only on home, work on app

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Linwood
Calls from one number do not ring only on home, work on app

Post by Linwood » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 pm

I have a consulting client from a Chicago exchange that has called me for years (been on Ooma for years). Beginning about a week or so ago the Ooma device stopped ringing. My Android phone running the Ooma app rings, most of the time (though not always).

Everyone else, seemingly in the world, gets through fine - I get calls from others all day long on the Ooma devie. It is only this one number that does not ring it.

The calls DO show in the web call long as missed (on the app they show as inbound and connected).

They do not show as blacklisted (and are not blacklisted).

I tried chatting with support, but it just sat there for a long time saying "finding place in queue" or some such, never did anything. Plus it wasn't a valid SSL cert (gesh, Ooma -- at least keep your certs up to date!).

So I thought I would try here. Anyone have any ideas what else to check?

And is there really no email based support, only chat and (yuck) get on the phone and wait on hold for hours?

Linwood

murphy

Re: Calls from one number do not ring only on home, work on app

Post by murphy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:11 am

Whitelist the number by putting it in your Ooma contact list to see if that helps.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Linwood

Post by Linwood » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:25 am

Hmmm... had not considered that. It already is a contact. It is also one of very few contact which had an image associated with it -- and that image does normally appear on the HD handset when it does work. And does appear on the mobile app when it rings.

I wonder if something about having an image has changed, and now cannot work?

There's nothing unusual about the contact entry, it has an email and three phone numbers, no weird characters or anything. I was going to remove the photo but only see an option to change it, not remove it.

But to your suggestion: it's already in there.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:17 am

Do you receive calls from the first listed number but not the other two?
If that is the case, split the numbers into three separate contacts.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Linwood

Post by Linwood » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 am

Wanted to follow up as this is dragging out....

I removed the other two numbers (which rarely call me) and no change.

I deleted the entire contact and... my client got busy and doesn't seem to have time to test again. I hope to find out if that helped. FWIW the number he calls from is a cell.

It's just bizarre that I consistently get his calls on the Ooma app but not on the Ooma teleo, yet all other callers (notably the Social Security, IRS, Solar Panels, auto warranties...) have no trouble making both ring.

I hope to get some of his time next week and try again. He frankly got annoyed because he could not reach me; not good for a client to get annoyed at your phone system.