10 Digit Dialing

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lmacmil
Re: 10 Digit Dialing

Post by lmacmil » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:39 am

All my contacts are programmed for 10 digits and all work fine. I assume that's how they are dialed by the teleo. I have not tried a 10-digit local number from the keypad yet.

Robek

Re: 10 Digit Dialing

Post by Robek » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm

Callers probably complained more about dialing the area code for local calls, than they did about dialing the leading '1' for toll calls. Cell phones don't require the '1', but landlines in certain area codes still do. It looks like some landline callers even need to keep track of when to add it for toll calls within the same area code, and when not to add it for local calls to different area codes. Now that could get onerous.

My area codes require that landlines use 1+10-digit dialing, but Ooma also supports 10-digit dialing, and even 7-digit dialing, (though only for calls to my main number's area code, not to my personal number's). From the 'My Ooma' help: "10-digit dialing is disabled unless it is specifically required in your area code." Maybe it stays enabled regardless of how the option is set, because it seems to work the same either way.