Local Incoming Call Not Working

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
hewhew
Local Incoming Call Not Working

Post by hewhew » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:32 am

My primary line is an area code 281 number, which was ported from Teleblend to ooma a month ago. Problem started two days ago, all local incoming calls would get "the number you dialed is disconnected or not in service" message (if called from a local landline) or "the number or code you dialed is incorrect" (if dialed using my Spring cell). ooma support dialed using their cell/landline, and the calls went through. The 281 area code is for great Houston area, which has three area codes (713/281/832), I have used phones with all three area codes (landline and cell) to call my primary number (which has 281 area code), all got the similar "number disconnected" message. None of the unsuccessful calls showed up in the lounge call logs. Outgoing calls are fine. My secondary ooma number with the same area code is fine with both incoming and outgoing calls. I'm not using a scout. What I suspect is the routine database entry for my primary number related to local incoming calls has been incorrectly updated (the local phone company is Verizon). So far ooma has not been able to resolve the problem.

KatyTX

Re: Local Incoming Call Not Working

Post by KatyTX » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:38 pm

hewhew - Did you ever fix your problem? I too live in Houston (Katy), have a 281 number on my primary line and started getting "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect" error messages earlier this week on local numbers (similar to you 713, 832 and 281) and local cell phones. When I called Ooma they were able to call through no problem, I didn't think at the time that it was a local versus outside area code issue, but it very well may be. I am curious if you were able to resolve your issue. Thanks.