nomorobo setup?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
chiefjim
nomorobo setup?

Post by chiefjim » Sun May 23, 2021 4:41 am

As a premier account holder I've had the nomorobo box checked for quite awhile. Yet I still get multiple calls from the car warranty scammers.

Wondering if there are specific settings that must also be applied. Such as continuous ring vs voice mail? Or is an account setup at nomorobo also required?

If it makes a difference I do have an message that plays after a set number of rings. Might that be interfering?

chiefjim

Re: nomorobo setup?

Post by chiefjim » Sun May 23, 2021 3:06 pm

Has anyone found a solution to the very irritating car warranty scam calls?

andyross

Post by andyross » Tue May 25, 2021 6:15 am

Most robocalls constantly change and/or spoof numbers. Unless there is something like a common name or part of the phone number (very unlikely) there isn't much than can be done. Constantly blocking numbers could result in legitimate numbers being blocked if they are being spoofed.
About the only sure fix is to move to a whitelist and block everything but what you want to let through.

tim1962

Post by tim1962 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 am

I just spent sometime in Ooma customer support chat to ask if I had my set up right for nomorobo and they said I had to call and speak with someone. Called and they said do you have the box checked for blocking and I did, but unchecked, saved, checked it again and saved. Since the person was not understanding my concern, I asked for a manager. Been on hold for 10 minutes and music stopped five minutes ago, so I am assume and in Tron land but having a lot less fun. Anyway, my reply is to say, I continually get the robocalls on Ooma and use the Nomorobo app on my mobile (I have a subscription) and find that numbers nomorobo has already tagged as robocallers are being allowed to my Ooma line. So, IMHO, the nomorobo service through Ooma is not working.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:07 am

Ooma downloads the Nomorobo list once a week, on Monday I think.
Your calls are not going through the Nomorobo hardware.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx