Number in contact list being redirected to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Morac
Number in contact list being redirected to voicemail

Post by Morac » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:26 am

I have my account set to redirect all calls not in my contacts (as well as anonymous and some specific numbers) to voicemail.

I’m trying to receive a call from Vanguard’s automated code system. The call always comes from the same phone number, (877) 662-7447, so I added that number to my contacts.

I then synced my contacts so the number is showing up on my HD3 handset’s phone book, but the call is still being redirected to voicemail, even after 10 minutes.

To get the call I had to disable blocking numbers not in my contact list.

Why wouldn’t the call go through?

Stelcom66

Re: Number in contact list being redirected to voicemail

Post by Stelcom66 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:47 am

I had the same thing happen, although I didn't know calling number so I didn't have it in my contacts. Had to turn off all call blocking to get the call for the code. This time I remembered to turn it back on. Last time a number I blocked from a telemarketer got through after leaving it off.

After seeing the number I added the number in contacts, but per this subject that may still block the call.

Sometimes I record greetings for phone systems which can be done by receiving a call, then record at the tone. Those calls are also blocked requiring call blocking to be temporarily disabled.