Second Line using Linx

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
saratogacoach
Second Line using Linx

Post by saratogacoach » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:41 pm

I have an original (vintage, maybe 2010 or so) Telo, premier service, 2 phone lines: main phone number and line for a Panasonic system and second phone number and line for a fax machine. I don't use the fax machine anymore and would like to use the Ooma second phone number and line for making outbound calls (maybe also receiving inbound calls) at the same time as the main line and number is being used.

Before I buy a Linx, an additional and separate Panasonic base and handset, want to get feedback on whether this can work. I am assuming that (1) the vintage Telo and Linx can be paired, (2) the Linx can be programmed for the second number and line plus used with the new Panasonic base and handset, and (3) all of this will work and give me a fully functioning, separate phone number and line to use when the main number and line and phone system are concurrently being used for a call?

Also, wondered since the Linx looks like it is being discontinued if there is a better way to achieve this, with different or newer hardware?

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you in advance for your help.
saratogacoach

murphy

Re: Second Line using Linx

Post by murphy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:15 pm

It can be done with a Linx.
It can also be done with HD2 or HD3 Ooma handsets.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

saratogacoach

Re: Second Line using Linx

Post by saratogacoach » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:14 am

Thank you for this helpful information.

Linx ordered.

Best Wishes,
saratogacoach