Busy Tone when Calling Cells

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
m1r6z
Busy Tone when Calling Cells

Post by m1r6z » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:29 pm

Just activated Ooma Telo Air 2 Phone Set, only issues I am having is reaching mine and my wife's cell phones. I have 10 digit calling activated and have chatted online twice. Both times, after they did something I was able to reach my cell once and then never again. I also called in and now have a ticket open with engineering but was hoping someone here may have an answer.

My Ooma home phone has a 623 area code and our cells are 425. I can call other 425 numbers just fine but those aren't cell phones, they were businesses I tried. Our phones just give an immediate fast busy when calling from Ooma. The rep even called from an Ooma handset and got the same busy tone which leads me to believe it's an Ooma issue since I can receive calls from other phones just fine. I have also tried dialing *96 and *98 before calling and still get the busy signal.

Any ideas here besides waiting for the ticket to complete?

murphy

Re: Busy Tone when Calling Cells

Post by murphy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:05 am

Does it work if you dial 11 digits?
Did you force a sync after 10 digit dialing was enabled?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

m1r6z

Post by m1r6z » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:09 am

It does the same busy tone when dialing 11 digits. I did a sync and it still doesn’t work. Ooma left me a voice mail saying they changed some things but it still does not work. I will hopefully get a hold of them again soon.

joolsca

Post by joolsca » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:02 am

All of a sudden, yesterday this started happening to me with ALL local calls! I have had ooma for many years but now I can only call 1800 numbers, local numbers, including my cell, give me a false busy signal!!! What the hell?? I have tried everything listed on this forum and nothing works!!

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:12 am

Make sure 10 digit dialing is still enabled. Without it 11 digit dialing is mandatory.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx