Phone ringers

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Moe
Phone ringers

Post by Moe » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:37 pm

Only about half time will the electronic phones ring with a incoming call.Any thoughts or suggestions to correct this issue?
Thanks
Moe

murphy

Re: Phone ringers

Post by murphy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Do you have any old phones with real bells hooked up? If you do, disconnect them. The Telo does not have sufficient current capability to reliably ring them.

A phone with an electronic bell will usually have a REN number of 0.1 (It's on the phone's label) and will not have a problem with ringing.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Moe

Post by Moe » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:29 pm

Moe wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:37 pm
Only about half time will the electronic phones ring with a incoming call.Any thoughts or suggestions to correct this issue?
Thanks
Moe
murphy wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:10 pm
Do you have any old phones with real bells hooked up? If you do, disconnect them. The Telo does not have sufficient current capability to reliably ring them.

A phone with an electronic bell will usually have a REN number of 0.1 (It's on the phone's label) and will not have a problem with ringing.
murphy wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:10 pm

A phone with an electronic bell will usually have a REN number of 0.1 (It's on the phone's label) and will not have a problem with ringing.I have 4 phones hooked up all electronic thinking of just going inside one phone and cut the ringer. I checked and was told that there were no booster to increase the ring voltage

Moe

Post by Moe » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:32 pm

All phones are electronic thinking of just cutting out the ringer inside one of the phones since it is just a convenience and can hear the other ringers.

Edward600

Post by Edward600 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:05 am

Same problem but with only one of my three Ooma handsets. Most of the time it doesn't ring. Sometimes I can't pick up a call on it, sometimes I can. I have no other phones connected and I have checked the settings on this handset to make sure the ringer volume is on. Anything else to check before declaring the handset defective?