Telo - How to remove OLD devices?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jxmot0773
Telo - How to remove OLD devices?

Post by jxmot0773 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:57 am

Hello,

I've had ooma for a while now. So I've gone through two handsets and an old hands-free headset. And today I replaced the last HD2 with an HD3.

I'd like to remove the other unconnected, broken, unused devices from the telo. But the UI in the web portal is stupid. Apparently "delete" only removes the devices' name and not the registration. I was considering adding another active handset but it look like I've hit the limit of 4.

How do I get rid of the invalid devices on the telo?

Thanks!

murphy

Re: Telo - How to remove OLD devices?

Post by murphy » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 am

Log into the Telo itself, go to the DECT page, and click remove on the device you want to get rid of.

Connect computer via hard wire to the Telo Home jack.
If the computer has wireless, turn it off.

http://172.27.35.1

or

http://setup.ooma.com
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thomasm

Re: Telo - How to remove OLD devices?

Post by thomasm » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:14 am

You should have unregistered the handsets you didn't want by choosing "unregister handset" from the menu on the handset itself. Then you can completely delete them from the web portal. The only device I couldn't figure out how to get rid of was an old "safety phone". This was the gizmo you supposedly wore around your neck and pressed one of it's two buttons to summon help if you were in trouble. The only way I got rid of it was by contacting customer support and having them do it. And it took them awhile to figure out how to do that. I presume you would have to contact customer support to get rid of other devices like a linx.