Must turn off blocking to get 2FA call

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lwaltz
Must turn off blocking to get 2FA call

Post by lwaltz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:10 am

My credit union started using Wellby and now requires 2 Factor Authentication, and has started using (844) 574-8089 to send the code. In order to receive the call, I must turn off call blocking until the call comes thru, and then turn blocking back on. Yes, I have placed the number in my contacts list. Is there any other way to allow those calls to come through? The call blocking feature now is allowing a large number of spam calls, so maybe I should just disable it.

Also recently the incoming call does not show up in the call log, but it did as recently as Oct 18 but this is not as important a problem. And I am trying to get Wellby to use my mobile number instead of the Ooma number to text the message, but have not succeeded yet since that number was not on the account.

Robek

Re: Must turn off blocking to get 2FA call

Post by Robek » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:19 pm

If Nomorobo is blocking the number, then another option is to create a Nomorobo account and report a valid number that was blocked incorrectly.

Ooma does not log blocked calls.