incoming calls getting Message 6 US01LV error message

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bob12564
incoming calls getting Message 6 US01LV error message

Post by bob12564 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:41 pm

This is my first VOIP service and I've only had it for 3 weeks.

We are having trouble receiving incoming calls. There's dead air end eventually this recorded message: "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later. Message 6 US01LV".

Friends brought this to our attention, and my wife and I started calling from our cell phones for testing. It was happening 80% of the time and I called Ooma support which changed my number. It's better now, and seems (so far) to be failing only 30% of the time. We need a reliable home phone alternative, and Ooma needs to work 100% of the time. Ooma support didn't think it was Ooma server congestion or internet congestion. I've googled the error message but didn't get much. I'm sensing that it isn't an Ooma message but might be coming from our cell carrier (AT&T). Other cell calls work normally. This is only affecting calls made to the Ooma number.

Is something like this normal for VOIP? Any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thanks!

dapersico

Re: incoming calls getting Message 6 US01LV error message

Post by dapersico » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:10 pm

I am having the same problem although I have had Ooma for years with no issues. I can make outgoing calls and if I test incoming if I call repeatedly the call will eventually ring.

bob12564

Re: incoming calls getting Message 6 US01LV error message

Post by bob12564 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:19 pm

Just out of curiosity, when you get the error message, are you calling from an AT&T cell phone? I'm looking for a pattern. I'm wondering if the message is coming from the external carrier, maybe identifying the Ooma number as a spoofed or spam number because it's a VOIP number that can't be identified as coming from a traditional phone or cell carrier.

Yes, if I keep trying, the call will eventually go through and maybe it will work a few more times before the error reappears.