Solid blue OOMA logo but no dialtone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
landrymi
Solid blue OOMA logo but no dialtone

Post by landrymi » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:59 am

I got many times the following situation:
Randomly after a few days, I got no dialtone while there is a solid blue logo on the top of the OOMA device. The only way to restore a dialtone is to reset the OOMA by switching it power off/power on. Following discussions with OOMA support, I have tried to reserve a specific IP address for the OOMA and DMZ for that address. But, I still got the same problem!
I have a very reliable fiberoptic internet link and other devices connected to the same modem do not have any problems.
I do not know what to do...Any help would be appreciated?
I am thinking to go back to my usual phone service if this problem persists...

Re: Solid blue OOMA logo but no dialtone

Post by 2056937997 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:22 pm

I had the issue and found my telephone wire from the telephone to the ooma base was not connected properly. Try minimizing the wire from the phone to the base (Just use one wire if you have several connections) and if this fixes it - find the shortage in the Longer set up you are using by adding additional wires until you find the one that does not allow a connection to Ooma from the phone. Not sure this will help you but it was my issue