Unable to make calls with 1000 International Plan

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mbhang
Unable to make calls with 1000 International Plan

Post by mbhang » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:31 pm

Ooma has had many issues over the years, but is becoming increasingly unusable.

I have been paying for premier subscription as well as International Calling 1000 minutes (20 USD on top of basic ooma).

While I have had some problems, mainly my US number is not displayed in India (it shows local india number, and my family doesn't pick up thinking it is spam - I then have to send them a WhatsApp message indicating I am calling - and then they pick up). This has been going on for years - I have put up with that annoyance.

Since the last 6 months or so, I have been having another problem. Every now and then, Ooma stops allowing international calls indicating my prepaid balance is zero. After wasting usual 30 minutes to an hour with chat and or voice support, and countless reboot, my problem is not solved, and they tell me problem is in the numbers I am calling (come on, same number works if I try my Wife's Vonage call). This problem the geniuses at ooma are never able to solve - but I think in a few days, they realize the actual issue, as it starts working again after a few days.

I think Ooma is increasingly becoming a useless service (especially premium and international calling), and I should downgrade back to Basic (or find how I can port my Ooma to Google Voice and completely get rid of the annoyingly unreliable service).