Adding call to block list using HD3 handset?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bigman55434
Adding call to block list using HD3 handset?

Post by bigman55434 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:41 pm

Is this possible? I have the premier service. It seems that you should easily be able to add a call to your personal block list using one of the HD3 handsets. Every other cordless phone that I own has a block button on it. The only other way I’ve seen to do it is to go onto the Ooma app and the call history and add the block that way.

Robek

Re: Adding call to block list using HD3 handset?

Post by Robek » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:05 am

Users can't use their HD3 handsets to manage their block lists. They need to use their "My Ooma" account for that.

Cordless phones that "block" calls can't really stop them from coming in; they usually just turn off the ringer, and wait for the call to disconnect, (or else wait for an answering machine, voicemail, or unsuspecting victim to answer the call). Some phones ring once for a blocked call, and then turn off the ringer. And the call can still tie up the line until it disconnects, preventing any other incoming or outgoing calls during that time.