Multiple phone numbers question

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
TrudiRhynold
Multiple phone numbers question

Post by TrudiRhynold » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:37 am

Hello everyone. Does anyone know if/how it is possible to configure two separate numbers on Ooma so that one number does not ring on the phone plugged into the Ooma, but the other does? Basically my mom wants her own line and me to have my own line, the problem is I don't want my line ringing on her phone that's plugged into the Ooma. I just want it to ring on the app on my phone. Does anyone know if this is possible without buying 2 Oomas?

larryk

Re: Multiple phone numbers question

Post by larryk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:16 am

If you have "Premiere" and a linx device (from Ooma) you can have the 2nd number ring on it, and get your desired results. (it works for me...)

TrudiRhynold

Post by TrudiRhynold » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:36 am

I paid for a premium service which supposedly gives "private accounts" so that you can set up two separate numbers, however I can't seem to configure the Ooma Home Phone app to use the new number/account I set up. When I try calling the new number for the new private account, nothing shows in the app. Any advice? Thanks!

larryk

Post by larryk » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:49 am

Do you have the 2nd number set up on an Ooma Linx (wireless phone jack)?