No blue at end of boot up. Dial tone o.k.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
myphoneworks2702
No blue at end of boot up. Dial tone o.k.

Post by myphoneworks2702 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:49 am

My older (8Yrs.) Ooma telo goes through entire boot up o.k. with flashing colors and all, but at the end, just after the flashing red, it will not turn blue. The phones dial tone is there at that point, but just no blue flower at all, zippo, nothing lit. I must add here that the last few months the blue has faded out somewhat, and now nothing.
Time for a new Telo or what?
Mel

Robek

Re: No blue at end of boot up. Dial tone o.k.

Post by Robek » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:08 pm

Before buying a new Telo, first check the brightness level, by repeatedly pressing either the brightness button at the top of the Telo (for older models) or the rewind button (for newer models), or through the management interface advanced settings menu.

myphoneworks2702

Post by myphoneworks2702 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:54 am

Thank you Robek. I totally forgot that the rewind button dims out the blue logo. The logo is bright now, although it is not blue anymore, but a brilliant purple instead. Very odd. Also, I have, for the last six months have a cordless dect 6 phone system hooked up to the phone port, and in my call forwarding preferences, have it set to ring the dect 6 set up, and my cell phone. It has worked well except for this week. The calls go directly to the telo base without ever getting a ring on the dect set up. I swapped out the dect set up for a simple corded phone, and same thing... the corded phone will not ring, but the call did go to the telo answer system. Stumped.....

Robek

Post by Robek » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:31 pm

A purple logo means "Do Not Disturb"; send all calls directly to voicemail. To disable it, press and hold for two seconds either the "envelope?" button (for older models) or the fast-forward button (for newer models), or press the DND button on an HD2/HD3 handset, or dial *79 from a handset connected to the PHONE port.