Web site 2-step verification code is never received

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
avaOoma
Web site 2-step verification code is never received

Post by avaOoma » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:53 am

Web site at company X wants to send a 6-digit code to the landline (ooma). But I never get the phone call and my.ooma.com does not show the phone call. The tech people at company X says it did send the code but does not know why I never receive it.

This used to work when the carrier was Century Link. Any ideas?

Red Tabby

Re: Web site 2-step verification code is never received

Post by Red Tabby » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:38 am

Do you have Ooma Premiere? If so, the spam filter may be blocking certain numbers. Take a look at the Privacy settings if you do have Premier. Log on my.Ooma.com, go to Preferences / Call Blocking.

Your best bet is to add the phone number(s) from the 2FA system to your Contacts list. I know they can vary from the same company so it may be a challenge.

RT

avaOoma

Post by avaOoma » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:50 am

Thanks! I do have Ooma Premier. Can Ooma be configured to show a list of blocked calls?

Red Tabby

Post by Red Tabby » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:34 am

Not that I am aware of.

It'll be a bit of a pain, but when you're ready to receive a 2FA call, go in to the Call Blocking and deactivate everything so the call comes in. Then reactivate everything and add this number into your Contact list from the Call Log.

I created a Contact named something like "Two Factor" and put all of them in there. A nice thing about adding Contacts on the fly from the Call Log is that it gives you a choice to add it as a NEW contact or add it to an EXISTING contact, then choose under which Contact it goes to.

RT

avaOoma

Post by avaOoma » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:34 am

Excellent idea - thanks.