Telo speaker doesn't work

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Chanoch76
Telo speaker doesn't work

Post by Chanoch76 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:05 pm

I have a 6 button Telo that's several years old. The speaker doesn't work. This just started this week. I have no idea what version of firmware and/or software this box is running. Calls still come through the Telo to my house phones, voice mails go to my email and/or can be picked up on any of the house phones. Volume control and voice mail playback buttons on Telo don't work. In reading through the comments on the forum, I see that this has been a reported problem for almost TEN years. Yesterday, after a 30 minute wait, customer service told me that I only needed a re-boot not a new Telo. Well, I've rebooted multiple times and the speaker is still dead. Anyone have any ideas short of going back to a land line? Thanks.

Robek

Re: Telo speaker doesn't work

Post by Robek » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:25 pm

Is there a separate issue with the volume control and voice mail playback buttons, or is that just because the speaker doesn't work? If the Telo is still under warranty, then ask for a replacement. Otherwise, some users replaced the old speaker themselves, for example, here or here.