Call Screening / Voicemail Monitoring

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
TomDiRensselaer
Call Screening / Voicemail Monitoring

Post by TomDiRensselaer » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:38 pm

I have premium service but call screening / voicemail monitoring have stopped working. I have removed and reinstalled batteries on the handset, performed a reset on the base unit and performed a sync configuration on the handset. Call screening is Yes on handset settings. Speaker volume is 2 which is adequate.
Screenshot 2023-03-08 203036.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-08 203036.jpg (24.89KiB)Viewed 8889 times

TomDiRensselaer

Re: Call Screening / Voicemail Monitoring

Post by TomDiRensselaer » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:23 am

I just finished with technical support.

The steps performed were as follows:
1. Place your service call using a cell phone but you probably already know that since their going to be accessing and tinkering the base unit. Eventually the initial contact representative will transfer you to technical services.
2. Tech will ask you to unplug the base unit for 10 seconds and plug back in.
3. The tech will perform a factory reset. Go have a cup of coffee and monitor you cell phone for when the tech begins talking in about 10 minutes.
4. The tech asked that I unregister the handset(s).
5. The tech placed a call and the base station took a message. I could hear my greeting and the technician's message. Bingo back in business! Almost done.
6. The tech asked that I register the handset. The tech then performed the base station operations. All I had to do is indicate "Yes" to reregister when prompted
7. The tech then place a test call. I could hear my greeting and the tech's message on the base unit and the handset.
8. Since I had a second handset reregistration step is repeated.
9. Go to ooma.com and select preferences, Call Forwarding. If you have Ring Mobile App checked uncheck it. Leaving it checked disables voicemail monitoring. Instead, select the Ring, check it, and add you cell phone number. After doing this, the voicemail monitoring will work on the base unit, handset(s) and cell phone.
Screenshot 2023-03-09 131701.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-09 131701.jpg (39.64KiB)Viewed 8862 times

Robek

Re: Call Screening / Voicemail Monitoring

Post by Robek » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:18 pm

If call forwarding to the Ooma mobile app disables voicemail monitoring, then Ooma should probably update its documentation.

The mobile app can only receive calls for the primary phone number. In that case, does voicemail monitoring still work for personal numbers?