Voicemail is garbled...often but not always

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Voicemail is garbled...often but not always

Post by 6148734163 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:33 pm

I have 2 Ooma Telo base station units at my home. Both are connected to the same router via ethernet cable. Both units have clear incoming and outgoing calls all the time. My internet speed is about 100mbs download and never less than 25mbs upload. One of the two Telo units has a problem recording incoming voicemail. Often, but not always, the voicemail recording will be just static or blank or very garbled. The other unit’s voicemail works perfectly. I listen to the voicemail via telephone handset or through the web interface and both methods yield the same results. Any thoughts?

Robek

Re: Voicemail is garbled...often but not always

Post by Robek » Mon May 01, 2023 11:46 am

When the Telo base station is offline, callers can still leave voicemails, and users can play them back, which would suggest that the Ooma servers manage voicemail, not the Telo. That should rule out any issues with the home network or equipment. Contact Ooma support to troubleshoot the problem on their end.