ooma iphone app can create new contact but not 'Save" it

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
uncleBob1216
ooma iphone app can create new contact but not 'Save" it

Post by uncleBob1216 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:18 pm

I want to share a workaround for a small bug in the ooma Iphone app.
Here is the scenario
My iPhone Ooma app shows voice mail from unknown caller from East Lakeside 234-567-8901. I recognize the number was my new doctor.
step 1. I go to Ooma app Recents and click on the "information" button for that number.
step 2. I click on Create a new contact and ooma open the iPhone's standard New Contact screen preformatted with East Lakeside 234-567-8901.
step 3. I then add the doctors name, address and a few notes.
But I the New Contact Screen was incomplete because it had no "Done" button. Nor a "cancel" button nor a "save" button nor Finish nor any way to commit the data. I had to kill the New Contact app to dismiss the incomplete screen.

Long story short I got a workaround after tech support opened ticket 230621-003158 and ticket 230621003187

After step 3 I must leave it the incomplete, then
step 4) go to the iPhone home screen (not the ooma home screen) and click the Green Phone icon then click the "contacts" option.
Step 5) The IOS reopens the incomplete screen, and now it does have the "Done" button. All the information I added in Step 3) was still retained.
I hope this workaround helps other people who encounter this weird behavior.

uncleBob1216

Re: ooma iphone app can create new contact but not 'Save" it

Post by uncleBob1216 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:46 am

I got a call back from tech support. It turns out there is design flaw that causes the "Done" button to have nearly the same color as the background, so it almost disappears.
So, in my previously posted Step 3, there actually is a Done button, I just didn't see it.
Tech support agreed to escalate a request to change the contrast.
ooma screeshot low contrast 'done'.jpg
ooma screeshot low contrast 'done'.jpg (18.51KiB)Viewed 9660 times