Outbound Calls sends wrong first name (Caller ID)

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
firemandude
Outbound Calls sends wrong first name (Caller ID)

Post by firemandude » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:37 am

Been an Ooma subscriber for many years and have never had this problem before. Last year I had a 2nd number ported from verizon to my Ooma account. My main number is still on the main account. The 2nd number was ported to accommodate someone who is living here as well. The 2nd number is designated to a Linx device only and that is confirmed in account settings. When I place a call from my Main Acct number, the person receiving the call sees the first name of the person of the Verizon number which was ported over instead of my name.(last name is correct) I have ran numerous tests with the same result. I have even verified in Ooma Dashboard Privacy settings that my name is to appear as the outbound caller Id. Don't know why this is all of the sudden happening. Any ideas ?

Robek

Re: Outbound Calls sends wrong first name (Caller ID)

Post by Robek » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:56 am

There may be two numbers, but if there's only one account, then there's only one name. According to Ooma, "if you decide to port your phone number, Ooma will re-provision your caller-ID name". For separate names, it's not enough to set the Call Forwarding preferences; try setting up a separate private account instead.