voice mail greeting playing unnecessarily

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bobcowen
voice mail greeting playing unnecessarily

Post by bobcowen » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:38 am

Why does my Ooma voice mail greeting play even when the calling party has abandoned the call? I don’t want to hear the greeting when that happens. How do I prevent this from occurring? I've tried changing the number of rings but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Robek

Re: voice mail greeting playing unnecessarily

Post by Robek » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:11 pm

Is it possible that, in those cases, the calling party isn't hanging up until after the voicemail greeting starts?

bobcowen

Re: voice mail greeting playing unnecessarily

Post by bobcowen » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 am

No, the calling party hangs up (abandon's the call) before the number of rings necessary to accept a voice message. I contacted Oooma about this and NOW the caller hears "I'm sorry, is not accepting messages at this time." So I contacted Ooma again and asked them to "un-do what they tried to fix yesterday but made worse." My on-line dashboard shows that everything is normal and Ooma support said the same. So I contacted customer service again. Apparently, the original Ooma customer service agent turned voice mail off. I'm unable to change that setting on my own so the new agent turned voice mail back on. Haven't tested it yet but my efforts to fix a simple annoyance have made things worse.