FYI:Telo Reboot and Offline

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
SP59
FYI:Telo Reboot and Offline

Post by SP59 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:51 am

Hello
I recently moved the Telo which required removing power.
After restoring power, the device does not remain online.

I found a recent post on the support site that I thought I would share.
Good to know before powering off your device.

There is no ETA for resolution at this time.
From Ooma:
"We are investigating an issue which is causing some Ooma Telo devices to stay offline. To avoid running into this issue, do not power cycle or reboot your Telo device at this time, as it may not go into service".

motox22a

Re: FYI:Telo Reboot and Offline

Post by motox22a » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:30 am

My Telo device has been cycling through disconnected and connected states since the 23rd of November...You can call OOMA Support and as usual they deny any problems whatsoever until you press them and then they admit to the problem and that there is no ETA for a resolution. My phone has not worked for about 2 days now...And not a sign on the OOMA Website about anything that their system is not functioning. What a joke.

bobcowen

Post by bobcowen » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:40 am

I waited 15 minutes to speak with a representative. They SHOULD post something about being "down" on their Facebook group. I was told that I must call them after their service has been restored to receive a credit for the downtime. What is the alternative service to Ooma??

mvmalt1964

Post by mvmalt1964 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:42 am

Same here. Assumed it was on my end. Started the 21-ish. A constant loop of rebooting. I called Ooma and had them reboot on their end. I even rewired my home lines, swapped ethernet cables, everything to eliminate an error on my part. Just found this conversation and lo & behold it is happening to others! Will be monitoring here to see if there are any changes because it seems to be now an OOMA problem...

SP59

Post by SP59 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:17 am

Update: 12:15 Eastern

Solid blue light so far today.
Hopefully it stays that way.
While telo was down, I was able to use the app on my Iphone.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:16 am

motox22a wrote:...And not a sign on the OOMA Website about anything that their system is not functioning. What a joke.
Ooma generally posts its operational status on the top of its support web site home page. If they post about a service outage, then they will often use red text with a neon yellow background, which should make it easier to spot. The OP even quoted it:
SP59 wrote:From Ooma:
"We are investigating an issue which is causing some Ooma Telo devices to stay offline. To avoid running into this issue, do not power cycle or reboot your Telo device at this time, as it may not go into service."
Ooma should update the status message once the issue is resolved. In the meantime, users whose device is currently offline can either let it keep recycling, or else just unplug it and monitor the support web site for status updates. And users who still have service should just leave their device alone.
SP59 wrote:Solid blue light so far today. ... While telo was down, I was able to use the app on my iPhone.
That's good to know that the app still works, even when the Telo is offline.

motox22a

Post by motox22a » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:04 pm

To my surprise my OOMA was online and working this morning...Fingers crossed it stays this way...

motox22a

Post by motox22a » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:52 pm

And by the way I just tried the OOMA Android App on my Android 10 Tablet (I don't use a smartphone)...
I downloaded it from the GOOGLE PLAY STORE...Put my login credentials in it and was signed in...Gave it permission to all requested permissions...Then attempted to dial my Cell Phone number. Each time it abended immediately as soon as I hit the dial button...It's been a while since I signed up with OOMA and I didn't remember why I didn't have the OOMA Android App installed on my Tablet...Now I remember...Because it didn't work...In the past I had another VOIP Providers app installed and working without issue on this Tablet...Unless the OOMA Android app only works on Cellular data not sure why it wouldn't work on my Android Tablet connected on Wifi from my Home Router dialing to my Cell Phone. Could have been a useful thing like it was for the other person on the IPHONE but for me on my Android Tablet it just abended each time dialing.

ooma gooma

Post by ooma gooma » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:15 pm

Same problem here. No issues recently, but this afternoon I had to switch power at my circuit breaker panel for about 30 min while I replaced a wall light switch. After restoring power (approx 5pm PST) I noticed my Ooma Air had not reconnected. Tried rebooting a few times, then checked the website and saw the notice. Hope this gets resolved soon, and notice updated.

ooma gooma

Post by ooma gooma » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:33 pm

Well, mine is back online, so crisis averted.