Incoming calls drop after 2 rings

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
coastalguy
Incoming calls drop after 2 rings

Post by coastalguy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:39 am

For the past week, I noticed I was not receiving voicemails, after which I discovered that incoming calls are dropping after 2 rings, not allowing the voicemail which occurs after 4 rings. On my.Ooma account I changed it to 3 rings and rebooted the base station, however it still drops calls after 2 rings (including when I call it from my cell phone).

Also, When activating my base unit, it no longer goes to a blue light after connecting, but there is no light at all. I have a dial tone and can make outgoing calls. My desk phone shows connected along with my online account and smart phone app. As I rely heavily on my voicemail, with all calls dropping before activating the voicemail, I know I have missed a number of important calls. Unless someone can advise a fix, or at least provide an email for ooma support, I will be looking for an alternate option.

I have had this phone for over a year without any problems, however I am totally frustrated with this problem, and getting little support to fix it.

Robek

Re: Incoming calls drop after 2 rings

Post by Robek » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:36 am

Is it possible that the dropped calls are getting forwarded to some other phone, voicemail, or answering machine? If not, then it's probably a server-side issue that Ooma needs to look into on their end. The email address that they posted for support issues is: customeradvocate@ooma.com

For the Telo's blue logo, try adjusting the brightness level by repeatedly pressing either the brightness button at the top of the Telo (for older models) or the rewind button (for newer models), or adjusting it through the management interface advanced settings menu.

coastalguy

Post by coastalguy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:57 am

As for forwarding, I do have it ringing my cell phone in addition to the base. I have had it set this way since the beginning, where it rings 4 times (on both the cell phone and base), and then the answering machine picks up. Suddenly for some reason, it now just drops after 2 rings. As for the brightness of the icon, when I reboot, the red and blinking red are bright, which then just goes out when it connects. I tried the rewind button but nothing happens. I have emailed sales about a week ago, but have heard nothing back. I will try the email you provided.

Robek

Post by Robek » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:29 am

For the backlit logo issue, while the Telo is online, try holding down the rewind button for at least a few seconds. Repeat a few times. If the logo is red instead of purple (red+blue) while holding the button down, then the blue backlight isn't working. That could be a hardware problem, another thing to ask Ooma about.