unable to receive calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
debbie97045
unable to receive calls

Post by debbie97045 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:24 pm

I am unable to receive calls. The message is that my voicemail has not been set up, but it has. I have a call into support but have not received a solution.

Robek

Re: unable to receive calls

Post by Robek » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:51 pm

First, make sure that the base station is online. Check that the Ooma logo on top of it is blue; if it is purple, then disable 'Do Not Disturb' mode. Also, check that the 'My Ooma' dashboard device status shows that the base station is online.

Next, make sure that 'My Ooma' call forwarding preferences are set up correctly; normally, at least the 'Ring Home Phone' option should be checked. Also, for any connected phones with an adjustable ringer volume, make sure that the ringer is enabled.

Next, when setting up voicemail, specify a PIN, and record a name and personal greeting, (even if the voicemail is going to use a system-generated greeting instead). Otherwise, when accessing voicemail, it may keep complaining that the voicemail has not been set up.

To test whether the home phone can receive calls from an outside line, first either add the outside number to the Contact List, or temporarily disable call blocking, to make sure that the incoming call does not get blocked, and sent to voicemail.

If none of that helps, then the problem is probably on the server side; try contacting Ooma support (again?), and explain everything that happened, so they can troubleshoot further on their end.