Ooma Telo Air 2, phone stopped ringing a couple days ago, FYI.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
DarthContinent
Ooma Telo Air 2, phone stopped ringing a couple days ago, FYI.

Post by DarthContinent » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:30 pm

Approximately two days (48 hrs) ago, my Ooma Telo Air 2 connected to a VTech CS6529-26 stopped ringing the phone for incoming calls.

Calling in, the phone would ring per the device settings configured on the Ooma website, then go to voicemail. Sharing as I had to speak to several folks by phone on Ooma's end to resolve. They appeared to perform some process that appeared to reboot and reset the device (three red LED flashes, pause, repeat... then returned to steady blue after a few minutes).

After doing so, the phone is ringing again, but with two changes:
  • Before, my Ooma DP1 wifi desk phone would be first to ring for incoming calls, but now rings second.
  • Edit => Dialtone via Telo Air 2 web config remains "Ooma (Default)", "Regular" doesn't change the tone.
First is no big deal, just different ring order than before. Second is more annoying as the Ooma tone is mildly irritating at the start of every call dialing out. No changes made on my end to internet, phone wiring or configuration, and my VTech has been physically disconnected from my house landline wiring for almost a year now.

Just FYI for anyone else hoping to resolve through chat, nope, I could not get help via chat for this nor via the web interface. Also, if in troubleshooting Ooma support staff ask to call you back on your mobile, note that you may end up missing their call if your Google-equipped phone recognizes the caller's number as spam. I had to unspam the California-based number and then call back to make my way back to the agent who asked for that other number to get back to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UPDATE: Dialtone for calling out is now sans the Ooma jingle sound, guess the change just was not applied straight away (maybe done separately as part of some hourly or nightly job?). Also, incoming calls have resumed their ringing sequence, the Ooma desk phone now rings first before the landline one. Odd but things are back to what seemed normal from before the no ring issue.

Robek

Re: Ooma Telo Air 2, phone stopped ringing a couple days ago, FYI.

Post by Robek » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:08 pm

Normally, any changes to the 'My Ooma' account preferences take effect "within just a few minutes". So, expect some delay; the changes don't take effect immediately.