Adding names to phone numbers Ggma Premier

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bha19
Adding names to phone numbers Ggma Premier

Post by bha19 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:22 am

My brother calls once a week and when he uses his landline his name and number come up so I know it is him. When he calls from his cell phone my phone just rings and does not tell me anything. I tried adding his cell number to the known call list but that did not change anything. How do I get his cell number and name to show up on Ooma?

Robek

Re: Adding names to phone numbers Ooma Premier

Post by Robek » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:46 pm

Does the cell phone name/number show up in the my.ooma.com Call Logs? If not, then what shows up instead? To add a Call Log entry to a new or existing contact, click the 'Add Contact' icon in the 'Actions' column, select the desired action, and fill in any additional information as needed.

If the name/number show up in the Call Logs, but not in the Caller-ID display, then try testing with another Caller-ID device/handset (if available), or try temporarily setting up call forwarding to a different number, to confirm whether Caller-ID works there. If that doesn't help, then contact customer support.