Cancelling service

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bigdog
Cancelling service

Post by bigdog » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:26 pm

I tried to cancel my ooma service via chat but they referred me to a phone number that has a recording that says they do not accept calls from blocked numbers. I'm not sure why but it is making it impossible to cancel it.

Robek

Re: Cancelling service

Post by Robek » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm

Ooma needs to make sure that the person trying to cancel the service is the account owner, and not some random stranger, which probably rules out canceling by live chat, or by anonymous phone call. They may also want to limit which departments can cancel services, and not outsource that to third-party contractors.

If contacting Ooma by telephone is too difficult, then other options, such as email or snail mail, may be easier. For more information about how to terminate services, re-read Ooma's terms and conditions.

bigdog

Post by bigdog » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:30 am

I’m not sure why it gave me that message as I was calling to cancel it FROM my Ooma phone number with the CallerID blocking disabled.

Robek

Post by Robek » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:35 pm

bigdog wrote:... I was calling to cancel it FROM my Ooma phone number with the CallerID blocking disabled.
That would have been worth mentioning in the first post. If the problem persists, then try calling from a different number.