Does Ooma support busy signals on incoming calls?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
bfields
Does Ooma support busy signals on incoming calls?

Post by bfields » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:00 am

I'm setting up Ooma service for my mom, who's not a fan of voice mail or call waiting, and wants everything to work the way her landline always has--giving a busy signal if someone tries to call while she's using the line.

There wasn't any obvious way to do this in the web interface, so I tried calling support. They suggested the easiest solution was just to downgrade from premier to basic service. That does turn off voice mail and call waiting, but the caller still doesn't get a busy signal, they just hear ringing indefinitely.

Is this something Ooma can do? Googling around finds people saying Ooma just doesn't do this, but I don't know if those comments are accurate or up-to-date.

Robek

Re: Does Ooma support busy signals on incoming calls?

Post by Robek » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:50 pm

Basic service still offers voicemail and call waiting. Users can log in to their 'My Ooma' account to disable the call-waiting indicator, but they need to call support to turn off voicemail. Ooma had an open enhancement request to implement a busy signal, (instead of just ringing), but they did not provide an ETA.