Accessing voicemail via phone

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Daze3Daze
Accessing voicemail via phone

Post by Daze3Daze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm trying to access my voicemail by calling my number and then hitting * after my voicemail comes on.

I am requested to enter my PIN number. What is my PIN #???? Where would I be able to set that number or look it up?

Thanks for all your help!

WayneDsr

Re: Accessing voicemail via phone

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:10 pm

If you haven't used your voicemail before, pick up the phone on the hub and hit the play button on ooma. This first voicemail should guide you through setting up your pin number.

Wayne

Daze3Daze

Post by Daze3Daze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Actually, I have used voicemail before...I've had Ooma for about a year and have been annoyed that I haven't been able to access my voicemail using a phone but haven't written about til now.

I used to be able to access it from the internet but that started crashing every time I went into my in-box so I really want to access by phone now.

Any ideas on how I can 'reset' my PIN number (if in fact I did set one up.)

Thanks again!

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 pm

(I will send you the cell phone info via email)

The easiest way to change your password is to pick up your phone connected to the ooma hub and press the "play" key. It looks like a forward arrow. Alternately, you could call your own number from that same phone. You will be prompted to press 2 if you want to change your options. After doing so, another option to change your pin will be presented. After you change your pin, you can also check your outgoing message and make other setup choices.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.