Phantom rings when nobody is calling

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Viking
Phantom rings when nobody is calling

Post by Viking » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Just setup the new Ooma Telo and everything seems to be working fine except the phone will periodically ring for no reason. Usually just a single ring and it's gone, but there is no one actually trying to call me. If I pick up the phone while, or immediately after, the ring happens I just get the Ooma dial tone as I would expect to get if I was going to place an outbound call.

This will happen every time without fail after I have made a call or even just picked up the phone, got a dial tone, and then hang it up again. Within a few seconds I will get the phantom ring. Other times though it is just random phantom rings for no reason whatsoever.

It seems trivial, but I'm getting tired of running to the phone only to find that nobody is calling :(

Anybody have any ideas?

hpepper

Re: Phantom rings when nobody is calling

Post by hpepper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 am

I suggest calling Customer Support. Make sure you have the times this has happened. If it happens after every call, have that information ready along with times of calls.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:41 am

Do the calls appear in your call log?
Does it still happen if you connect a different phone to the system?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

FRGG

Post by FRGG » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:36 am

I have the same problem, this happens about 3 times a day

niknak

Post by niknak » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:48 am

is it possible reversed polarity on tip and ring could cause this?

Viking

Post by Viking » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:09 am

I plugged in a different phone to the Telo and the problem has gone away. The phone with the problem was an older Panasonic cordless on the low end of the price scale. I now have an older Uniden, which was a pricier phone when I bought it, plugged into the Telo and I have no problems at all so far.