Outbound caller id broken...

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
dkm
Outbound caller id broken...

Post by dkm » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 pm

Hoping someone can help me with this... customer service has pretty much given up.

I have two ported numbers and they are split between my hub and my scout. I do NOT have caller id blocked on either line. When I make calls from my scout line the outbound caller id randomly shows one of the following on the called persons caller-id:

* random phone numbers (numbers I've never heard of)
* withheld
* my actual phone number

There is no rhyme or reason to which of the three above will be displayed. My actual number shows up maybe 10% of the time.

If I prefix the scout call with **1 then my actual number always seems to show up on the called persons caller-id (at least so far in my testing).

I suspect my issues are related to the new software although not sure since my second line was ported this past sunday (10/4). I've wasted four hours with customer service over the last 3 days. Needless to say I'm very frustrated but more disappointed in ooma... as I was generally pleased prior to the new software release.

Any constructive help would be appreciated. Ooma... you're welcome to contact me directly if you want to try and work this thing out.

Update (an hour later) - now my phone lines magically went from being split between the hub and scout to being shared. UUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH!

-daniel-

dkm

Re: Outbound caller id broken...

Post by dkm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:16 am

This issue has been resolved by Dennis. See this thread for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3345