Multi-Ring issue

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tracecs3
Multi-Ring issue

Post by tracecs3 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:19 pm

I have the hub assigned to a number and the scout assigned to a number. I don't have a phone hooked up to the scout but set the multi-ring for that number to "ring all phones on connected to the ooma system.", thinking that the hub phone would ring when the scout assigned number was called. I see the blinking line light on the hub and can pick up the phone and press it to talk, but the phone doesn't ring. Do I have to by another phone and plug it into the scout, or should this be working? Thanks in advance!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Multi-Ring issue

Post by Bobby B » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:26 am

I think this is a bug with our labeling -- if you're logged in as your personal device (e.g. your Scout), then it should read: "ring the phone connected to my personal device."

Multi-Ring works on a per-device (e.g. account) basis. If you created a personal device with a Scout, logged in with the phone number assigned to that Scout and configured Multi-Ring, only the phone attached to your Scout will ring.
Bobby B