Out going calls issue, solved!

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
raxxal
Re: Out going calls issue, solved!

Post by raxxal » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 pm

flojo56 wrote:i have an ooma telo and att dsl service with a netgear WGR614 router .. how do you reset the firewall ?
First of all, what kind of problem are you experiencing? Now, to reset the firewall just need to log into the router, and look for the firewall settings if there is any, and reset it.

raxxal

Post by raxxal » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:43 pm

luntam wrote:You didn't put the telo in the dmz of the uverse gateway? Telo has been working fine in dmz of my uverse gateway. My only issue are international callings. Glad you solve the problem.
No, I did not put the TELO in the DMZ, I have my Dlink wireless router in the DMZ, and I use the dlink for everything including port forwarding. The dynamic IP address that the uverse RG grabs from AT&T network is assigned to my Dlink using the DMZ.

moontz

Post by moontz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:58 pm

THANK YOU! worked for me resetting firewall.

I was 2 seconds from boxing it up and bringing it back to best buy. I talked to cust service for about 2 hours (on hold for probably 90 minutes out of those 2 hours). They had no clue. Ooma needs to have something in their main docs/faq to address these problems. If I ran a company that provided internet phone service; router issues are the first thing I would look for if diagnosing problems. Router issues did not even cross their mind (although everyone i talked to was just reading off a script). But customer service in the phone and cable industry leaves a lot to be desired so cant expect ooma to be any different. Hopefully things stay problem free (knock on wood)

But huge thank you to whoever figured this out with uverse!!!

starzou2nt

Post by starzou2nt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:18 pm

I was having the same outgoing call problem and I have Comcast cable modem with an Apple wireless router. Today the Ooma doesn't work at all. I hear the distinctive dial tone but the phone attached to the Ooma cannot make or receive calls. My number hasn't finished porting so I still have a landline. I've unplugged the phone from the Ooma and will probably return it if I can stop the porting process. I'm disappointed but this has to be plug and play for me, no continuous problems with firewalls etc. I've emailed tech support and will see what they say before heading back to Costco.

amoney

Post by amoney » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:16 am

starzou2nt wrote:I was having the same outgoing call problem and I have Comcast cable modem with an Apple wireless router. Today the Ooma doesn't work at all. I hear the distinctive dial tone but the phone attached to the Ooma cannot make or receive calls. My number hasn't finished porting so I still have a landline. I've unplugged the phone from the Ooma and will probably return it if I can stop the porting process. I'm disappointed but this has to be plug and play for me, no continuous problems with firewalls etc. I've emailed tech support and will see what they say before heading back to Costco.
You say Ooma does not working that would be interpreted as flashing red, but you say you hear a Ooma dial tone?

Sonds like it is working.

You also said you have integrated with your landline.

I understand you want things to be plug and play, but inorder to offer asistance you have to provide more dtails. I understand the impluse is to blame Ooma, but as this specific thread intails, it was not a Ooma problem.

If you dont want to deal with firewalls, then be sure you do not have any.

Again if you need assistance, I recommend start your own thread with your details, equipment how you have them connected, etc.
Comcast > Telo > WRT54G

ameneses54

Post by ameneses54 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Dear Sir,
How do you the reset or clear the firewall settings in the AT&T Uverse integrated modem/route?
I',m desperate regarding the garbled communication with the OOMA Telo.
Basically I'm using my cell phone as I can't trust the OOMA

Arturo

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm

There is a link in this post: viewtopic.php?t=7086
Looking at the setup page for the Uverse equipment, looks like there is a "Firewall" tab, I'd go to that tab and see if there is an option/link to reset the firewall.

ameneses54

Post by ameneses54 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear Sir,
There is no option to "reset " the firewall.
Any other advise?

Arturo

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

On this page: http://www.sbbala.com/uverse/pg2.html

Under 13, I see a linke "Reset All Firewall Settings"

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:20 pm

lbmofo wrote:On this page: http://www.sbbala.com/uverse/pg2.html

Under 13, I see a linke "Reset All Firewall Settings"
ameneses54:
While you are at Step 13, put your Ooma device in DMZ Plus.

Instead of putting a computer in DMZ Plus, you will be putting the Ooma Device (MAC address) in DMZ Plus.

This action moves the Ooma device electronically ahead of the Router and fully exposes the Ooma device to the WAN, and will probably cure your problems.

Step 13, upper right hand corner, click on "Reset all Firewall settings".

#1. Choose the computer that will host applications through the firewall: (choose Ooma device).

#2. Edit firewall settings for this computer (Ooma):
Select - Allow all applications (DMZ Plus Mode)

Click on Done in lower right hand corner.

Reboot the Modem/Router. When that's done reboot the Ooma device.