Adding phone numbers

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
voipchick
Adding phone numbers

Post by voipchick » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 am

Can any of you guys help us out?

My parents just sent me this ooma system, and my roommates and I are trying to figure out how we add two more phone numbers. Can I do this over the Web site? This is sort of an emergency, since between the three of us girls we talk on the phone a whole lot!

Kort

Re: Adding phone numbers

Post by Kort » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:42 am

You will need to have 2 other handsets to go with the phone and an ooma scout for each of them. I know you can get at least two lines, not sure about the third. Your best bet is to call ooma support. Good luck.

1-866-452-6662

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:55 pm

I just added an Ooma phone number to my "shared devices" and when I tried to call home to see if it worked, I didn't get my regular voicemail greeting. Did I do something wrong? How long does it take for the new phone number to work? Also, how do I create a private voicemail account for my new number?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Pepper, when you add a second number, it can take up to 20 minutes before you can receive inbound calls on that number. You should be able to make an outbound call immediately, however.

Also, you can create a private voicemail account when you have an additional Scout. Accounts are linked to ooma devices, so for example if you have one ooma Hub and two ooma Scouts, you can create up to three separate accounts, each with unique ooma Lounge logins and private voicemail. Personal numbers assigned to these ooma devices will only ring the phone attached to the device. To get started adding devices, navigate to "Preferences->Phone Numbers" in the ooma Lounge.
Pepper wrote:I just added an Ooma phone number to my "shared devices" and when I tried to call home to see if it worked, I didn't get my regular voicemail greeting. Did I do something wrong? How long does it take for the new phone number to work? Also, how do I create a private voicemail account for my new number?
Bobby B

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks Bobby B!

I'm going to go give it a shot this weekend.

Pepper.

debonas

Post by debonas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi,

I do not understand adding a phone number to the device.
How does this work ?

Is it a separate number ? Is there any charge ?

what is it ?
Thanks,
Debonas

skellener

Post by skellener » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:25 am

debonas wrote:Hi,

I do not understand adding a phone number to the device.
How does this work ?

Is it a separate number ? Is there any charge ?

what is it ?
Instant Second Line