No dialtone, Blue Ooma tab and calls going to VM

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
anandan
No dialtone, Blue Ooma tab and calls going to VM

Post by anandan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:40 pm

I am coming across this issue -

Ooma tab is blue, No dial tone. When I place an incoming call from a cell phone, Line1 blinks but the phone does not ring and Voicemail kicks in. Able to check the Voicemail using the "Play" button on the hub.

I am having Hub only configuration. Eliminated the failures of phone, router and cabling. The Status from setup.ooma.com is below -

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected
Phone Line: Disconnected

Network
MODEM: Connected : [192.168.0.100]
HOME: Connected : [172.27.35.1]
Ooma Tunnel: Connected

Services
Telephony: 50 - Running
DNS: 45 - Running
Web Server: 47 - Running
VPN: 255 - Running
Free: 37504

Is anyone aware of a fix for this issue. I called support over the weekend, tried a factory reset and support told me that the hub has gone bad.
Last edited by anandan on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldanbo

Re: No dialtone, Blue Ooma tab and calls going to VM

Post by oldanbo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:22 pm

darn...I sense a double post. I know I'm a senior, but this makes it hard to follow.
You are more likely to get an informative response if you stick to the thread.

Cheers

anandan

Post by anandan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 am

After doing a couple of factory resets, I noticed these weird entries in the call logs -

Outbound call 0100101 Yesterday 08:48 PM 0:21

Outbound call 0100101 Yesterday 08:06 PM 0:21

The Hub reboooted itself atleast two different times after that and everything is back to normal since this morning. Ooma is working fine, so I guess it is something to do with the Ooma network (or) the carrier that I was not getting the dial tone (or) the rings. setup.ooma.com status is the same as mentioned in my previous post.

steelman

Post by steelman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Anandan!
I am facing almost the same problem except my blue tab is not on. All my calls are directly going to voicemail and I can access it from my hub. Can you tell me how did you do factory reset? I wanna try that too.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:47 pm

steelman wrote:Hi Anandan!
I am facing almost the same problem except my blue tab is not on. All my calls are directly going to voicemail and I can access it from my hub. Can you tell me how did you do factory reset? I wanna try that too.
You might want to make sure that your dimmer control is turned up all the way, it's the dial on the right side. If that is the case you should see the blue light. Calls probably are going to voicemail because you have the privacy button pressed. The "envelope" key would be red. Hold the envelope key down for 5 seconds to turn off privacy mode. Envelope light should go off.

Wayne
ooma customer since January 2009
ooma hardware: core (hub/scout) and Telo
Lifetime Premier Member