Telo doesn't ring anymore on incoming calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
tjkirk
Re: Telo doesn't ring anymore on incoming calls

Post by tjkirk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:39 pm

murphy wrote:
Garf36 wrote:There was a recommendation on an earlier post to update the firmware. How is this done?
The firmware is updated automatically usually in the middle of the night when it is least likely to interrupt phone service. There is nothing that you can do to force an update.
While you can't force the upgrade, Ooma tech support can manually push out the upgrade, if for some reason your box didn't update automagically. Mine didn't upgrade, and tech support did the manual upgrade. I'd try that first, to see if that resolves your issue. To check which firmware revision, go to http://setup.ooma.com and click on Status under Device Information. The firmware version is at the top of the page: ex. "Device Status - Rev: 1.31720" is what mine is currently. (Maybe there's been an upgrade since the Nov 15th/1.31387major upgrade? Haven't seen any release notes...)

If that doesn't work, then I'd say there are still some serious glitches with landline integration. For me, getting an Ooma number assigned and dropping the whole landline integration made a huge difference. It got even better after the Nov 15th upgrade. I've since ported my landline number to Ooma and haven't had the incoming call issue at all (fingers crossed.)

Hope that helps. Tim

buschman

Issue Resolved

Post by buschman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:08 am

With the help of Ooma Tech Support we determined I had a faulty cable between the Ooma "wall" jack and my landline connection. Apparently it had been working and then stopped, I swapped it out and the system is working fine.

My new understanding is if the Telo is setup to integrate your landline you MUST have the Telo wall connection hooked up to your landline or the system will not ring when your landline-connected phones ring. I guess I didn't really understand this earlier and hence did not troubleshoot it properly. Give Tech Support a pat on the back for this one.

The Talker

Post by The Talker » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Might you have an updated link?
tjkirk wrote:http://setup.ooma.com and click on Status under Device Information.
I am The Talker || **Lifetime Premier Service Subscriber** Use this SEARCH function folks!

tjkirk

Post by tjkirk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:57 am

Talker: I think that the link itself is correct. (That link just allows you to login to your Telo hardware, similar to logging into a router.)

I seem to recall that if you have the Telo behind your router (rather than in front of, as Ooma suggests), you may not be able to login to the Telo thru that link. So, if the link isn't working, check your setup to insure the Telo is between your cable modem and router.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:33 pm

If you are using opendns for your dns server the link will not work. You have to use the actual IP address.

It also may not work if you are on Comcast and haven't disabled their smart dns or whatever it is they call it.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx