Redial?

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
hwgang
Redial?

Post by hwgang » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

I am using Ooma and have a Vonage account until my numbers have ported. Right now, I am not using a Vonage box on the 2 numbers I am porting and I have my on-line Vonage settings to forward to my temporary Ooma number.

With Vonage, it's easy to call back any number in my caller ID. I don't need to dial 1 for ANY domestic call, either. The calls come in without the "1" and they go out the same way. Just the way they do on my cell phone. I never had caller ID with any other service than Vonage (I've been a customer almost from the beginning) or my cell service so I don't know if this is odd or not. It's second nature to me.

Ooma requires that I dial 1 on outgoing calls---no biggie---but what is proving to be a royal pain is not being able to call back a number that called in. I have to manually re-enter it with the "1".

So far I've been able to find a solution for every Ooma challenge I've had. I'm hoping there's one for this problem, too. It SEEMS so simple to expect it to work.

Any advise, oh wise ones?

Thx.

dvsrikanth

Re: Redial?

Post by dvsrikanth » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 pm

I have Uniden phone. In that phone pressing "*" adds 1 to the caller id number. Pressing "#" adds area code to the caller id number.

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I have Uniden phones, too. Thanks for the tip! All our local numbers come up WITH the area code in caller ID, but it will be very handy for adding the 1. Thanks tons!

Mojo
Ooma Moderator

Post by Mojo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:17 am

FYI, We should have 10-digit dialing available soon (e.g. dial without the "1") -- our QA team is right now testing the feature.

hwgang

Post by hwgang » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 am

Even better! Glad to hear it!