Call fowarding

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Tony
Ooma Moderator
Re: Call fowarding

Post by Tony » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Ok, there is a know issue on our server side platform. We are working on a fix.

The temporary workaround for the "Call forwarding on Network Outage" to actually work, is that you go to your my.ooma.com account, under Preferences/Blacklists, enable "Community Blacklist" or enable "Personal Blacklist" with a dummy 2-digit phone number.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 am

Tony,
I sure wish I saw this thread two days ago.

We had a long power outage this week and my Hub forwarded to my cell as expected, but my wife's Hub only forwarded to her VM. Both were set "forward on network outage" to our cell phones.

After power came back on Thursday, I had 3 very long calls to Ooma tech support and got nowhere. I gave up, but today did a search and found this thread.

My Hub had Community Blacklists enabled but her's didn't. After I enabled her Community Blacklists, her calls forwarded to her cell as per your workaround.

Annoyed but still an Ooma fan,
Bill

johnfred

Post by johnfred » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 pm

The work around didn't work for me. I checked the blacklist and entered 99 for a phone# to block but my call forwarding still go's to voicemail when my DSL is down. Customer service tried but could not figure it out. They have an open ticket for my issue. Hopefully they can resolve it because if I can't depend on call forwarding to my cell if my DSL is down I'll probably return the Telo unit and cancel Ooma.

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 pm

Tony wrote:Ok, there is a know issue on our server side platform. We are working on a fix.

The temporary workaround for the "Call forwarding on Network Outage" to actually work, is that you go to your my.ooma.com account, under Preferences/Blacklists, enable "Community Blacklist" or enable "Personal Blacklist" with a dummy 2-digit phone number.
Tony - How's progress on the bug fix? It's been 3 weeks since the workaround suggestion (which works for some of us). Also, I saw, in one of Rich Buchanan's tweets (Nov 29, 2009) that he promised "Call Forward on Network Outage" will be added as a Basic (non-Premier) Hub feature. Will that promise be implemented along with the bug fix?

Bill

johnfred

Post by johnfred » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 am

Just a follow up. The tech rep called me and asked I disconnect my DSL while he tested this issue. At first he had a problem because evidently he isn't able to run a test from an Ooma phone. After he tested without an Ooma phone, he found it worked. He called me on my land line and I tried to make a call to my new Ooma # while my DSL was down. The CF worked. He said he didn't make any changes. I tried it again after bringing up my DSL and disconnedting it again. CF didn't work but once the DSL was down for about 10 minutes the CF kicked in. At least with my testing I found for this option to work you need to have your DSL down for about 10 minutes otherwise the call will go to the Ooma voicemail.
John

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

Hello johnfred,

Glad to hear that things are working!
Unfortunately, configuration updates are not immediate. It does take time to propagate
data throughout.

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 pm

ntoy, so is this confirming that Call Forward on network outage no longer needs the workaround of enabling blacklists?

Bill D

Post by Bill D » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:13 pm

ntoy - - In a tweet from Rich Buchanan on Nov 29, 2009 he said "Call Forward on Network Outage" will be added as a Basic Core feature. Will this feature be added?
Thanks, Bill

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Hello sfhub,

Yes, the workaround of enabling blacklists is still necessary for the time being until we are able to resolve bug 6105.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello Bill D,

In regards to "Call Forward on Network Outage" offered as a Basic Core feature, it is considered as an enhancement for future development. There are no further details at this time. Please check back down the road.