Unable to make calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rcsnowball
Re: Unable to make calls

Post by rcsnowball » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

I also have same problem. Been doing it past couple of months. Call out no ring, other party can hear me. But, I cannot hear them. I have Att DSL 6MB internet service with 2wire/att combo router/modem. After the supposed failed call the other party can call me back and talk fine, both ways. On another note I also have Sprint airrave on my internet (cell phone to internet repeater). I don't care for the built in router/modem. I can have one computer connected to a mmorpg and if another computer connects to same game the internet connection will keep rebboting on all connected PC's. But, works fine as long as both playing game are using wired connection. Regaurdless of router settings. Sorry for the rant but trying to give idea of network setup. modem/router > (wired bluray player, Desktop, Ooma, Airave, Xbox 360) (wireless 2 laptop's and nitendo Wii). Player, game consoles and laptops are off 90% of time. If I get time I will hook a laptop up through ooma and do web tests.

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 0.2 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 4.2 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.0

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 2572464 bps
Upload speed: 652568 bps
Download quality of service: 84 %
Upload quality of service: 81 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 50 ms
Average download pause: 4 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 75 ms
Average round trip time to server: 76 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 4400000bps
Route concurrency: 1.7104224
Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
Maximum route speed: 6990400bps

ordinarylyf

Post by ordinarylyf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am

The strange thing you all will notice is that if you dial a 1800 / any toll free number you will hear the ring and the Ooma will function normally. I do not know what to do. I would assume that we are all waiting for an update that will address this. I can receive calls without any issue..

eibook

Post by eibook » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Same exact issue...Ooma dial tone,Dial number (7 or 10 digits, i've tried both), dead air, but the person I called hears me just fine.

I am just using the old fashioned hub and scout, with the configuration of: Roadrunner modem-->Ooma Hub-->Router. QOS. is enabled. No landline connected.

P.S. I have had Ooma about a year and this problem started in the past week.

mikemac

Post by mikemac » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

Just wanted to give everyone an update, I got another e-mail from tier-3 support:
Re: CS-26069 - No RingBack on Outbound Calls

I wanted to follow up with you regarding an issue you had reported where there is no ringback on outbound calls.

Your issue was escalated to our carriers & they are requesting some more recent call examples for them to further debug.

If you can provide the date,time, & phone number you are calling that have no ringback. Does the call still connect despiute the no ringback?

Thanks,
Norm
Ooma Support
I sent him a log letting him know the last time this happened and the phone numbers that were affected. The numbers are random, and the times are random (some will work, and some won't). I also sent him a link to this thread so they can see others are having the same issue (not a telo/hub problem, a problem with the telco side).

I also got a call from (216) 408-5395 BROADVOX INC, no one on the line, but after looking them up, it looks like they're a VOIP company, so I'm guessing they were testing the connection (anyone know if ooma uses them as a carrier).

I would advise everyone to open up a ticket with support, and keep a log of affected calls. This should hopefully speed up the process of getting it resolved..

rschoonh

Post by rschoonh » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 pm

I began having the same problem (no ringback & no incoming audio) on my Telo setup today. I've had it for almost a month and it had been working fine up until now. Sorry for everyone, but glad it's not just me. I'll join you all in opening a support case . . .
Ooma Telo with one handset on AT&T U-verse 6Mb DSL

adfus

Post by adfus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:53 pm

I just bought the Telo the other day. Setup is complete with all lights blue. I get Ooma dialtone both at Telo handset and at a phone wired to the Telo. I have not asked to port my number to Ooma so I have both the landline and Ooma.
When making a call either from Telo handset or from a phone wired to Telo I get no ringback. The person that I call can hear me but I cannot hear him.
When I call a toll free number such as 800 information, everything works OK.
These are the things that I have tried:
I reset the Telo numerous times.
I did a speed test and reset the upstream speed in QoS to 430.
Tried connecting "wall" output of Telo to the wall without the DSL filter.
Tried powering down both modem and Telo and then powering up in both orders.
Tried resetting the Telo to factory settings, reactivated the handset.
Tried in Setup screen to set MAC to "Built In".
Tried setting MAC back to "Auto"
In other words I have tried just about everything that I found on this forum and nothing helps.

I am using an ATT 2wire integrated modem and router. I am using a laptop only and using the wireless feature of the modem. The laptop is not wired to the modem.

I opened a ticket with CS yesterday but have not yet heard back.
I will give it a few more days and if I cannot get things to work properly, I will return the Telo and handset to the retailer.

adfus

Post by adfus » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Re last post:
I forgot to mention that if I call my Telo handset from my landline, everything works OK on both ends.

adchase

Re: Unable to make calls - No ring Back

Post by adchase » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:56 pm

My Ooma was working fine for the last week since my last post and now its back to no ringback on random calls. This is frustrating and both Ooma and AT&T UVerse blame each other instead of looking into the issue. When I call support, it's like the representatives do not know what I am talking about. They tell me it sounds like it's my phone? Ooma needs to figure this out because our internet providers don't even know what Ooma is. :?

rschoonh

Post by rschoonh » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 am

Since my previous post on this issue, I tried calling Ooma (from a landline) to open a case, and got a telco recording saying "All circuits are busy" (just great). So, I went to their website and opened a case there instead. No response from them so far. I haven't even called AT&T, because I have had too many experiences with other products where vendors just point fingers at each other, and I expect any effort spent with AT&T will be fruitless, especially since they offer their own competing VOIP service. I agree that this is Ooma's problem to solve.

Does anyone from Ooma support monitor and respond to this forum? I haven't seen anything here from them so far.
Ooma Telo with one handset on AT&T U-verse 6Mb DSL

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:34 am

rschoonh wrote:Does anyone from Ooma support monitor and respond to this forum? I haven't seen anything here from them so far.
This is a user to user forum. Customer support is not involved. The moderators, who are Ooma employees, sometimes jump in to help but moderating the forum is not their main job.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx